You have no items in your shopping cart.
RECENTLY ADDED PRODUCTS
BEST SELLING PRODUCTS
The Château de Pommard is a castle of the xviii th century, a closed "Pommard" of 20 hectares , a French garden , a gourmet restaurant , a museum of Vine and Wine and art gallery on the road Grands Crus of Burgundy vineyards in Pommard in Côte-d'Or in Burgundy.
In 1726 Vivant Micault ( equerry and secretary of King Louis XVI , descendant of Philibert Micault, Pommard captain in 1451) built a castle Regency and its wine dependencies. Indeed, King Louis XVI and his court were amateurs of wines from this region, known to be bitter and tannic in their youth. The Micault castle, erected from 1726 to 1750, occupies one side of a courtyard closed by the common vocation for wine.
Claude Marey bought the estate in 1763 , and transmits it later to his son Nicolas-Joseph Marey . The emperor Napoleon I in fact one of its top resorts in the xix th century . He resides in the blue room, on the floor of the main castle, which overlooks the courtyard. Blic family, heir to the Marey-Monge family sold it in 1932, along with the Clos de Tart .
The wine castle then passed several times from hand to hand among other Laplanche family in 1936 , the psychoanalyst Jean Laplanche in 1966 and the real estate builder Maurice Giraud in 2003 .
In September 2014, the castle has an annual turnover of € 6 million was bought by the American entrepreneur in Silicon Valley Michael Baum love this locomotive wine tourism in Côte-d'Or that welcomes 35,000 visitors year.
The domain of Château de Pommard is now the largest private vineyard Burgundy vineyard with a closed "Pommard" 20 hectares of vines in one piece in pinot noir . The Pommard produces 80 000 bottles of Grand Vin du Château de Pommard and 20 000 bottles of Clos du Château, a complex assembly of different plots of the session. The Château also produces a second assembly to create a wine appellation Pommard Village.